Thursday 17 April 2014

Breaking radio silence.

Testing testing. Is this thing on?

Right I have not blogged in what feels like forever. This is not for lack of things to say or lack of time. If I am brutally honest I have just not been bothered.

Sad indication of time I know but even being on Easter holidays has not meant I have sat down and scribbled (virtually) my thoughts and opinions down.

Anyways, time I feel to break radio silence and outline a few things that are going on.

Firstly I have changed jobs, well schools, again. So that has been a busy few weeks and months getting ready for the move. Am very excited but a bit anxious at the same time. Still I get my own lab again and the school has very good sports facilities. Oh yeah and its a very good school to boot!

Right on to the ultra running and sports. The last posts I made were when I was in Afan mountainbiking. Well I started commuting to work on my road bike a few times a week and to be honest I loved it.

In fact, and this needs whispering, I have actually been preferring being on a bike to running. It's a revelation.

Which is bad times as on Saturday I am running my first full ultra. 40 miles of pain. Yet here I am on my way mountainbiking with mates and planning a road ride later on (well bank holiday plans permitting).

Ah well I am sure it will be fine.

I hope anyway.

Nah sure it will be.

Oh one last thing, I have slowly reduced the amount of minimalist running I'm doing and now I only run in my trail shoes, that is when I'm running at all.

As I said enjoying riding much more.

Cyclocross!

No comments:

Post a Comment